Project Description: Architectural Designer
Company Profile: Design should center around the user and be ever mindful of its context. It is the creative interplay between client, architect, and environment that creates the opportunity for good architecture.
Mission: Provide architectural and planning services focused on contextually based designs fueled by a rigorous design process and directed by a client centered approach.
Purpose: To provide access to architectural services that are approachable for a broad client base, effective in its need, and worthy of its investment
- Practice integrity in all we do
- Healthy balance of home and work-life
- Perpetual learning and self improvement
- Advance perennial architectural values of “commodity, firmness, and delight.”
- A healthy workplace enabling concentration, focus, mutual respect, physical comfort and well being
- Business ventures and relationships that are mutually beneficial and financially practical
Primary Role + Responsibilities:
- Conduct existing conditions surveys of buildings
- Product and material research for written specifications
- Basic drawing and modeling of all design phases
- Client and contractor coordination under the direction of a project manager
Qualifications + Educational Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional design/construction setting
- B. Arch degree (preferred) or B.S. in Architecture or B.S. in Interior Design could be acceptable with the right kind of practical experience
- Working knowledge in Autodesk Revit (preferred) and AutoCAD to get started; Willing to train!
- Basic knowledge of construction, building materials and science, and understanding of the building trades; actual construction experience is a bonus
- Graphic design skills in Adobe cs6
- Basic administrative skills
Reach out to us via email at email@example.com with the following information we can start talking!
- Written narative in body of email describing why you are interested in learning more about us
- Resume in PDF format
- Sample portfolio of 3-5 project examples